Sunday, January 31, 2021

Keepsakes

Our basement had a major plumbing issue this past week. Getting things out of the way of the workers, I felt nostalgic for a couple of things on the laundry room wall: 

A little metal tag that I found in a Golconda, IL antique store in about 1983. I just thought it was cool, and I've kept it all these years. 


A Coke sign that I found on eBay several years ago. The seller said that it came from Vanderburgh County, Indiana, which I always associate with trips across Indiana to visit my parents. The US 41 exit from I-64, which was the northern part of that county, had a good group of restaurants at which to stop for a road trip break. 

 

And this was once a calendar for a store from my mom's hometown. She remembered Sam Wead (which she pronounced Wade). 



No comments:

Post a Comment