Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hump Day Prayer

Dear Lord, I am reading in my old Bible in Ephesians. Beside 3:10, I’ve noted that the original Greek word for “manifold” (poluroikilos) means “many-colored.” I like to think how you splash and splatter us with great colorful heaps of wisdom and blessing. Earlier, in 1:7-8, I read how you "lavish" your grace upon us. You pour your grace to us. You ladle you grace to us in huge, generous servings, and we come back for more and more. And in 3:8 I read that your grace is "boundless riches", and in 3:20, the author promises that you "accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine." Your grace is abundance, riches, and excess.

Especially (but not only) for those of us who are struggling with different challenges during this Advent season, we ask for that ladling, that splashing and splattering of grace to and for us, in ways that we can discern and claim and share.  We ask these are all blessings in Jesus' name. Amen.


(The idea of "Hump Day Prayers" came from my college friend's blog "Le Padre Ver Livre," http://jimkane.wordpress.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment