Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Course on Christians and the Common Good

As I've posted on this blog previously, a few years ago I was the principal author of the curriculum Faithful Citizen, conceived, designed, and published by the Center for the Congregation in Public Life and available from Logos Publications.

I designed a seminary course (for awesome students!) on the subject of Christians and the common good. I decided to share on this blog in case some of my ideas could be helpful to other teachers interested in this theme. There are different ways to design such a course, and different potential books on the subject (although students liked these texts). For another version of this course I could recommend additional readings in texts like Eric Mount's Covenant, Community, and the Common Good: An Interpretation of Christian Ethics (United Church Press, 1999), which was a key text for the Faithful Citizen curriculum.

If the possibility of such a course interests you, let my ideas spark your own creativity! See my syllabus here: http://paulstroble.blogspot.com/p/christians-and-common-good-eden.html



No comments:

Post a Comment