Saturday, February 18, 2017

Thomas Ford's "History of Illinois" (1854)

Here is a link to my other blog. In a book review, I discuss Governor Thomas Ford's History of Illinois from Its Commencement as a State in 1818 to 1847, published in Chicago in 1854. The book is a classic of political commentary and Illinois history, dealing with most of the thirty-year period of Illinois' first constitution, and offering Ford's account of the Mormon history that transpired while he was state governor. I included photos of three editions of the history. When I wrote a history of my hometown's period as state capital (1819-1839), I used Ford's book and loved his accounts of Illinois society and politics.
https://paulstroble.wordpress.com/2017/02/18/thomas-fords-history-of-illinois/


No comments:

Post a Comment