Monday, March 25, 2019

Visiting the Galapagos

Because of other commitments--and the fact that my new CPAP machine cured me of the insomnia that used to provide me extra writing time--I've fallen off on my blog posts for quite a while. I'll try to be more regular, especially now that I've finished a major trip.  

On March 8-17, I accompanied a Webster U biology class to the Galapagos Islands. I'm no biologist but I've had a longtime interest in Darwin and evolutionary theory, especially as it influences the religion and science discussions. Here are a few photos from that wonderful journey!  (Here are a few more.) 
 Sally Lightfoot crab 

Lava lizard


Yellow warbler 

Lounging sea lion

Male frigate bird 

Sunning iguana 


An older tortoise 
Albatross egg (but no mom in sight)
Cactus finch nest

San Cristobal Darwin
Frigate birds in flight
Blue-footed boobies




No comments:

Post a Comment